Sign-in to your Account and check your meter readings , your consumption and centralise all your premises’s information in one place.
The medium voltage connection shall be established for power grids with a voltage level of 6, 10 kV, 15 kV or 30 kV, depending on their geographical location.
You may contact your customer manager or send a request for medium voltage connection conditions to PCL.MT@edp.pt, together with the additional information requested on the form.
After receiving a reply to the request for grid connection conditions by letter or e-mail, you may submit the request for a connection to your customer manager or by e-mail PLR.MT@edp.pt. EDP Distribuição shall send you information with the initial cost associated with the connection 15 working days after you have submitted your request.
If you accept the amount of the initial cost and make the payment, the proof of which must be submitted to your customer manager or sent to PLR.MT@edp.pt, you will receive information on the following:
● the quote for the project;
● expiration date of connection conditions and payment due dates;
● deadlines and technical options;
● information about the dimensions and technical characteristics of the connection;
● cost for shared use connection infrastructure.
Upon acceptance of the conditions for connection and payment of the cost described in the quote, the connection to the grid shall be carried out by EDP Distribuição or by your company, according to the option you have chosen.
The power supply shall start after:
• grid connection implementation;
• settlement of grid connection cost;
• delivery of the work for which the applicant is responsible, where applicable;
• installation of metering equipment;
• authorisation from the land owners crossed by the power line;
• transfer to EDP Distribuição of the plot of land where the switching station is located, where applicable;
• licensing, surveying and authorisation of the coming onstream by the Directorate-General for Energy and Geology (DGEG) of:
o the premise of the applicant;
o the grid connection infrastructure.
• the signing of an operating protocol;
• inspection of the interconnection protections, if any;
• electricity supply contracted with a supplier.
Download the form for medium voltage grid connection conditions
The first step to connect your premise to the medium voltage grid is to send the form to PCL.MT@edp.pt or through your customer manager.
Manual de ligações
EDP Distribuição is a partner in the “Quality of Service is up to Everyone” campaign
Learn more about this awareness-raising action for responsibility sharing in technical service quality issues.
EDP Distribuição carries out regular measurements to monitor the quality of electricity on the distribution grid.